Tuesday 22 January 2013

First Day At Work

Today was my first day at work and it was a good day. I got up this morning and went down to the beach with Nath and Rabbit. I walked Rabbit and Nath ran. It felt like a nice way to start the day and spend some time before work with my husband and our puppy. As I was walking along the esplanade, I felt very lucky to be living on the coast. It is a beautiful thing to be able to go down to the beach and see the early morning sun.

We then came home and got ready for work and had breakfast. I was feeling nervous as 8.00am drew nearer but Nath, who is such a support to me, helped me to be brave and before long I was pulling up outside the school.

Today was a real information overload for me, as I had expected, and I decided to just try to take in as much as I could and then accept that I will just learn the rest as I go along. There is a lot more to the profession of teaching than people think. By the end of the day I had a splitting headache but I feel grateful to have a team of experienced professionals working with me in the prep grade and am feeling happy about going back again tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment